Private trout fishing in exclusive lake in Finnish Lapland
Naamisuvanto Salmon Fishing company is now organizing fly fishing, trolling or spinning at private water area. Your group will be the only ones fishing at the lake! Fantastic brown trout fishing at wilderness lake in Pello in Finnish Lapland. Go fishing with our local guides and experience the run of a big, wild and powerful brown trout on your line in the middle of pristine lake nature!
Wilderness lake is a private fishing lake in pristine nature. The water of the lake is crystal clear and scenery very beautiful with nice sand beaches and big hills edging both sides of the lake. The best thing in the lake is still its fishery! The amazing brown trout population is one of kind and there are very good chances to catch a wild and powerful chrome bar over 70 cm! Lake also holds a good population of big-growing whitefish, perch and northern pike, with very big-growing individuals too.
The fishing is possible either by trolling or spin-fishing from our fully equipped rubber boat or fly fishing from the belly boats. In the summertime, there are nice hatches of mayflies and good chances to catch those wonderful brown trouts with a dry fly! When there aren’t any hatches going on, the streamers imitating vendace or juvenile whitefish are effective. For trolling wobblers and spoons with natural colors are working great.
The lake is private water owned by Finnish government company Metsähallitus and fishing is only possible with local guides. So, we can always guarantee a superb private fishing experience! There is some 30 min drive to the lake from our main lodge and some 5- 10 min walk to the destination.
Fishing is mainly catch and release fishing with tight rules for protecting the fish populations. All the wild brown trouts (fish with adipose fin) must be released back to water quickly. Only 1 barbless hook / lure.
1 stocked 50-65 cm trout (without adipose fin!)
or 4 perches under 30 cm
or 1 pike under 85 cm
or 1 whitefish under 40 cm
• Professional, local guides (one guide for a group of 1-3 people and 2 guides for a group of 4-6 people)
• Transportation from our lodge to the lake and back
• Fully equipped rubber boat for trolling
• Belly boats and waders for fly fishing
• Quality fishing gear for fly fishing or trolling according to your wishes
• Fishing permits
• Coffee or tea by the open fire
• Photos and videos taken by our guide
• Rubber boots (if needed)
• Available from 15th May to 15th October. Group size min. 1 and max 6 people. There is one guide for a group of 1-3 people and 2 guides for a group of 4-6 people. Age limit of participation is 8 years.
• Meeting point is at Naamisuvanto Salmon Fishing Resort, address: Orankitie 3, 95710 Naamijoki, Finland.
• What do you need to bring? Warm and waterproof clothing and bottle of water.
Do you need a private transfer to meeting point from another city / destination?
• If you need a return transfer, please book it within the booking process and inform also your place of stay (return transfers: Rovaniemi, Levi, Ylläs, Tornio and Kemi). Transfer prices are for the group from 1 to 3 people.
• Pick up times: from Rovaniemi, Levi, Kemi and Tornio pick up starts 2,5 hours before the tour starting time and from Ylläs 2 hours before the tour starting time.
• If you need a pick up from another place or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or feel welcome to give us a call.
VIDEO: Trolling for big brown trout on fantastic wilderness lake in Lapland.
VIDEO: Fly fishing from the belly boats on beautiful wilderness lake in Lapland.